Be Kind! Share with your Team, with your Family, with your Buddies!
Click The Button Now & Like This On Your Facebook Page!
Thursday, October 09, 2014
1. Consider the space: Prior to thinking about the decorative aspects of window blinds, account for where and how you intend to use them. If you're installing window blinds in a living space with a nice view with lots of natural light, consider window blinds that feature glare and UV reduction such as sheers and shades to protect furniture pieces and keep a space from overheating. For sliding doors and French doors in the kitchen, get vertical blinds. A bathroom requires privacy and something that will resist moisture, so consider quality sealed hardwood window blinds , faux wood blinds, PVC blinds, or aluminum blinds that will not rot, crack, or warp.
2. Match the style of the space. Contemporary or conventional, decorative or plain, the style you want to go for is the one that will match the room's design. If you like your window blinds to be the room's focus point, look for brightly coloured window blinds. If you like your window blinds to just blend into the background, buy simple blinds.
3. Keep your pets and kids safe. The risks posed by lead paint, loose headrails, wand controls, and cords have been greatly reduced because of new innovations in the design of blinds. Developments such as cord tensioners, retractable lift cords, and motorized systems offer better child and animal safety, and ease of operation. Advancements in window blinds technology such as software apps and remote controls let you to open and close the window blinds from anywhere, offering convenience and safety to a whole new level.
4. Take into consideration the ease of cleaning. Most window blinds do not require frequent cleaning. Any type of blinds will collect dust, but with the new anti-static treatment, the amount of dust will be greatly reduced. Regular light dusting and gentle vacuuming will help keep your blinds looking attractive for a long time. Some types of window blinds with sensitive fabric are more suited to professional cleaning techniques.
5. Let a professional measure and install the window blinds. Measurements for blinds are crucial. If you have many windows or you have big ones that are in places that are hard to reach, measurements for the window blinds can be a hard thing to do. It is in your best interest to leave this task to a professional. Likewise, installing the window blinds should be left with an expert.
If you are looking for professionals in window treatments in Perth, visit West Coast Blinds Perth. Or you can check this out to get more tips on window blinds, shutters, curtains, draperies.