Be Kind! Share with your Team, with your Family, with your Buddies!
Click The Button Now & Like This On Your Facebook Page!
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Did you know that a lot of cleaning products have toxins that can pose harm to your pets? Some of these can even be life-threatening. As a general rule, store products with the words "CAUTION" or "DANGEROUS" like drain cleaners, concentrated dishwashing chemicals and toilet cleaners, lime-removal products, oven cleaners and pool chemicals in places where your house pets can't get to. The National Center for Health Sciences reported that "the most serious exposure is to modern household cleaners, which may contain a number of proven and suspect causes of cancer." Bleach, ammonia, chlorine, glycol ethers or formaldehyde are some of the known chemicals that can cause anemia, liver and kidney damage and cancer to your house pets.
Also, instead of using products with toxins on your carpets, floors, garage floors and lawns where cats and dogs usually rest, try to find pet-safe alternatives. In fact, according to the US Environmental Protection Agency, 50% of all disease can be traced to indoor pollution, which can be directly related to the use of household toxins. Ammonia can aggravate the mucous membranes while chlorine is a toxic respiratory irritant.
As pet owners, you only want what's best for them and while you go to great lengths just to make sure they are well-taken care of, there is just no way that you can 100% protect them from these unseen health hazards. However, you can stay away from unexpected incidents by carefully choosing your cleaning products or by buying non-toxic home cleaning supplies which are biodegradable, safe, hypoallergenic and effective.
For your indoor and outdoor cleaning, The Empress Cloth meets all safety, non-toxic standards and will help protect the tiny lungs of your beloved pets.
If you want to safeguard your pet, throw out your old cleaning supplies! Taking preventive measures to be sure that your pet is in the best of health, lies in your hands. But if in case, your pet has been accidentally exposed to these toxins, immediate first aid is required and seek professional help as soon as possible by going to your veterinarian.