Be Kind! Share with your Team, with your Family, with your Buddies!
Click The Button Now & Like This On Your Facebook Page!
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
The answer is no further away than your own computer. Thanks to the Internet, you can receive a number of insurance quotes from the best companies by visiting an insurance comparison Internet site. At these websites you'll complete a simple questionnaire with information regarding your home as well as your insurance needs. You only need to fill out this questionnaire once to get fast, accurate quotes coming from a number of different insurance providers.
You'll need some basic information handy before you go on the Internet to get your insurance quotes, like:
- The square footage of your house
- When your house was constructed
- The distance to the closest fire hydrant
- What your home is made from, including the walls, roof, and foundation
- What amount of homeowners coverage and personal property coverage you need
- The amount of the deductible you would like
- Any security and safety features you've got in your house like security alarms, smoke alarms, and fire extinguishers
Getting The Most Affordable Quote
In order to reduce your rate even further, do the following:
- When entering your deductible (the total amount you must pay before your insurance plan kicks in) make it as high as you can afford. The default deductible on Florida home insurance quotes is normally $250, but if you raise it to $500 you can save up to 15% on your monthly premiums. If you increase it to $1,000 you can save as much as 25%, and if you increase it to $2,500 you can save as much as 30%. Just make sure you can afford the deductible should you ever need to file a claim.
- Don't use the appraised value of your home for the actual amount of your insurance since that includes the value of the land your home is located on. Get an estimate of how much it will cost to rebuild your home from a builder or a real estate agent. After that take an inventory of your belongings like clothes, electronic devices, home appliances, jewelry, and furniture to get their total value.
- Get all the discounts you are eligible for. Florida insurance companies offer numerous discounts like senior citizen discounts if you're 55 or older and retired, mult-policy discounts if you've got your home and auto insured with the same company, and non-smoker discounts if nobody in your home smokes.
Inquire About Other Discounts
Insurance companies have a host of obscure discounts that you might not be aware of such as a 5% to 10% discount if you live in a gated community, and a 5% to 10% discount if you're a member of a homeowners association. Before choosing a policy make sure to ask your agent about every one of the discounts that are available.
Making Your Choice
Once you've got several Florida home insurance quotes, you will need to select a provider with the very best quote. You want a provider that has an "A" rating or greater. Almost all comparison sites only deal with A-rated companies, but if you're unsure about the company you can check its financial rating at StandardAndPoors.com, and find out it's customer rating at J.D. Powers site.
It will only take a few minutes of your time to obtain a cheap quote with a top rated company by using a comparison site and, believe me, it will be worth it. In fact, after I used a comparison site to see if I could get a better rate on my insurance policy, I ended up saving $640 on my premiums simply by switching companies.
Click the website link which follows to compare Florida home insurance quotes and receive the lowest quote.