Be Kind! Share with your Team, with your Family, with your Buddies!
Click The Button Now & Like This On Your Facebook Page!
Thursday, May 03, 2012
The different components of your vehicle are prone to ageing, particularly if you drive extensively. Nevertheless, there are things that you can do to prevent a lot of fix expenses, as follows:
If funds is not a constraint, better buy a brand new vehicle to begin with. This will typically include warranties for components and even cover free maintenance for a given time period.
Expand your vehicle insurance protection to include accident insurance. Just in case you meet an accident, you won't have to spend much on repair.
It might be helpful if you have an automobile fix manual handy. You can refer to it for some technical important information such as wiring plans, sensing unit locations, and many others. The handbook is just like a first aid kit; it will help you figure out the trouble and help you fix it if it's not that difficulted.
Vehicle Maintenance Tips
Other than the 3 basic tips discussed above, one other very important thing you should remember is to follow religious vehicle maintenance. The basics include straightforward activities like checking the motor oil, gear box fluid, engine coolant, tires, and battery. You can consult your owner's reference book to properly check these or you can ask the advice of a competent mechanic.
- # Your air conditioning system must be regularly checked and renewed if required.
- # Obtain a engine oil change at least thrice a year to keep engine parts lubricated.
- # Brake pads should also be replaced instantly when they're falling apart to avoid risks of collisions.
- # Fuel filters should be changed right away when they get clogged.
- # Tune-ups and oil changes must be done on a regular basis. Cars should be tuned up every two years or 30,000 miles.
- # Your rad should be frequently cleaned to remove the solid deposits that cling to it over time. You should regularly obtain a coolant replacement as well.
These are amongst the basic routine maintenance operations that you should routinely undertake to prevent major vehicle fixes. These may be done even at home to further conserve on cost. You can consult websites or guides that feature DIY vehicle repairs and maintenance. Just make that sure you have clamps, wrenches, screwdrivers, and other basic tools at hand.